Product Code : HC1R
The Hook Collar has been designed to easily attach to the Safety Spring, and the Hook Collar can be used as a locking nut when the ground is too hard. Screw the peg in as far as possible and wind the hook collar to ground level to secure.
Incorporated into the bottom of the Hook Collar is a 19mm socket shape, which can be used as a hand tool if required.
Hook Collar TEST
Ground Dog screw in pegs use Hook Collars.
Ground Dog screw in pegs use the Hook Collar to attach the High Viz Tie Down Strap to the Safety Spring. The design of the Hook Collar makes it easy to attach to the Safety Spring.
The Hook Collars are bright in colour to draw attention to avoid stubbing of toes.
The hex cut out in the Hook Collar can be used as a hand tool.
Built in 19mm Socket
- Fibreglass reinforced nylon
- 19mm hex socket cut out can be used as a hand tool
- Bright Orange – high visibility
- Hook designed to suit Safety Spring
- Light weight
How to use a Ground Dog screw in peg with Hook Collar:
Step by step instructions for
Ground Dog screw in pegs with a Hook Collar
- Wind hook collar onto the Ground Dog screw in peg
- Drill the Ground Dog screw in peg into the ground using a 19mm socket, and a left thread setting
- Hook the safety spring around the hook collar
- Now tighten the high viz tie down straps
- If the ground is hard, drill the Ground Dog screw in peg as far as possible, and then wind the wing collar down to the ground level to hold the peg securely
- You can predrill a hole in the ground with a drill bit if preferred
The Hook Collar has been designed with a hook that holds the safety spring firmly.
Ground Dog screw in pegs have a 19mm hex head
Hook Collar 19mm built in socket
Hook Collars have a built in 19mm socket which fits the Ground Dog screw in peg hex head, this can be used as a hand tool when you have no drill or hand crank.
This function is particularly useful for campers using Ground Dog screw in pegs.
Adjustable Locking Nut
The Hook Collar is an adjustable locking nut that can be varied to suit the depth of the ground. This means if you can only get half the peg into the ground, simply winding down the locking nut will make it just as effective, and means you don’t have to have the peg all the way in.
The Hook Collar is used with a Ground Dog screw in peg, when using the High Viz Tie Down Straps and Safety Spring.
19mm Socket and Drill Adaptor
The Ground Dog screw in pegs have a 19mm hex head, which makes screwing in the pegs easy and fast! The 19mm head fits both the Ground Dog screw in pegs, and the stabilizer legs – this means you only need to carry one size drill socket!